Saturday September 12th, 2020
& Sunday September 13th, 2020
Rebel Ridge Farms in Elkton, MD
Enter MSDA’s Fall Fieldapalooza events now by filling out the online form below. You can sign up here for:
- Two days of AKC Spaniel Hunting Tests (for all eligible flushing breeds)
- AKC Spaniel Hunting Test Seminar for judges, prospective judges, and handlers
- Working Dog testing for spaniel breeds (subject to parent club approval)
- Instinct Clinics for all sporting breeds
There’s also CGC testing available on Saturday 9/12, but that doesn’t require pre-registration.
Not ready to enter? If you need more information about MSDA’s Fall Fieldapalooza, there’s lots of info available here.
As of 7/3, we have five dogs in Saturday Hunt Test A (entry limit is 25), 14 dogs in Saturday Hunt Test B (limit 30), and 19 dogs in Sunday’s hunt test (limit 55). We will not be at all surprised if Hunt Test B, at least, fills up before the September 5th deadline.
After your entry is submitted and reviewed by an actual human, a detailed confirmation e-mail with payment instructions will be sent. You will have the option of using a unique secure link to pay online (via Square) using any major credit card or you may mail a check to MSDA’s Hunting Test Secretary. Fees are as follows:
- For Junior, Senior, and Master hunt tests, $65 per dog per test. Except, if the dog is handled by an AKC-registered junior handler, the fee is only $30.
- Seminar registration is $25 if the attendee also enters a dog in Saturday’s Hunt Test A. Seminar registration is $40 if a dog is not entered in Saturday’s Hunt Test A.
- For the Working Dog flushing test (Sunday only), the fee is $35. However, if you are also testing at the Junior or Senior Hunter level the same day, the WD fee is only $15.
- Instinct Clinic entries are $20 per dog.
- Lunch reservations are $8 per person per day.
A lot more information about all the activities during the weekend are available here. If you prefer to use a paper entry form for entering the hunting tests, download this PDF which includes the Premium List and entry forms. Entry for the seminar, working dog tests, and instinct clinics is online only. No pre-registration is required for the CGC testing on Saturday.
Hunting test entries are to be completed only by the owner or the owner’s authorized agent.
If you’re having trouble with these forms or need to make changes to a previously-submitted registration, please e-mail the Hunt Test Secretary, Pamela DeSmidt. If you have questions about how activities will be conducted or would like to volunteer to help, please contact:
- Steve Roth, Event Chair & Hunt Test Chair
- Steve Surprenant, Hunting Test Seminar Coordinator
- Sally Eck, Instinct Clinic Coordinator